The Grayson School’s founder, Melissa Bilash, recognized through her work as an educational advocate that there was something missing from the local educational landscape. Suburban Philadelphia, with its panoply of excellent school options, was not meeting the needs of its gifted children.
Public schools, with their larger class sizes, couldn’t individualize the curriculum; private schools, ostensibly better positioned to customize their programming, couldn’t differentiate sufficiently. There were simply no satisfactory programs being implemented for these students. It became obvious to her that there was a glaring need for an educational environment designed specifically for gifted learners.
Thus, The Grayson School was born.
Points of Pride
- The only “all gifted, all day” school of its kind within a 125-mile radius.
- 2017-18 enrollment of 50 students is more than 4x our September 2015 class.
- Students wrote over 500,000 lines of code in 2016-17 school year.
- Student-directed, project-based learning is a key component of the daily curriculum.
- Classes have a maximum student-teacher ratio of 8:1, with many classes being smaller than 8.
- Faculty and staff are all trained specifically in research-based best practices of teaching gifted children.
- All students have set goals with progress tracked in parent-teacher Individual Growth Plans.
- There are no limits on what our students can learn each year — we help them to discover they have unlimited potential for endless possibilities.