Dear Grayson School Supporters,
For the health and safety of our community, we have transformed our annual GROW fundraiser to an online event. Even though our in-person event is cancelled, we greatly appreciate and encourage you to register and participate in our virtual auction.
That means you can still help us raise funds for The Grayson School from the comfort of your own home! We will open up the bidding on our amazing silent auction items from Saturday, April 18th. And then on Saturday, April 25th we will have an opportunity to come together virtually to celebrate have the final countdown for our silent auction. We hope as many of you will join us as possible and we ask that you encourage your family and friends to participate too. We appreciate everyone who has worked so hard this year to support us and make this event a success — especially all of our generous donors and sponsors.
Thank you all,
Founder and Executive Director
The Grayson School
Saturday, April 18 at noon to Saturday, April 25 at 8:00 p.m. Bidding will be open for all silent auction items. Our live virtual event will begin at 7:00 p.m. on April 25 .
Saturday, April 25 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
- Our wine and Bermuda trip Raffles close at 7:30 p.m.
- Our “Premier” items, (formerly Live Auction items) will be open for bidding during this time ONLY and will close at 8:00 p.m. These are some of our most exciting, big ticket items and you won’t want to miss them!
- Online after party from 8:00-8:30 p.m.
- Silent Auction items close at 8:30 p.m.
Let’s come together as a community by posting pictures and videos of your GROW night mini-celebrations and bidding wars on social media using #GraysonGROW2020, and feel free to tag us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
AUCTION REGISTRATION & PARTICIPATION
- Register at TheGraysonSchool.org/GROW. Registration is required to participate for bidding on any auction item, but don’t worry — it’s quick and easy. You can even add a credit card for easy check-out the night of the event.
- Check your texts. Once registered, you’ll receive a link via text. Click it to be automatically logged into the site and access your own personal bidding center. This is where all the action happens so you’ll want to bookmark the page! You can bid via your phone, tablet or computer and will receive text messages throughout the week letting you know the progress of items you’re bidding on and other pertinent information.
- We will alert you when our event begins. You’ll receive an email and text message on Saturday, April 18 at 9:00 p.m. when we open the auction, and can start your bidding!
- All bidding will take place via TheGraysonSchool.org/GROW,
- If you have any problems getting registered or using the site, please contact Liz Braun with any issues.
- Charge up your phone. You’ll need to access to the GiveSmart site for all your bidding, buying raffle tickets, and more.
- Start the bidding! The GiveSmart mobile site makes it easy to bid on your favorite items. You can set a maximum bid and let the software do the bidding for you. You’ll be alerted if someone outbids you and can add items to a watchlist to easily keep an eye on them.
- Check out is easy. At the end of the night, all your purchases throughout the evening will be tallied up in your account. If you already added a credit card, you’ll be outta there in just a few clicks. If you’d like to pay via check you can make arrangements by contacting, Liz Braun, Director of Development and Community Engagement. Fulfillment of items to the high bidder will be fulfilled electronically or via mail as necessary.
INVITE your friends
- Since our event is 100% virtual this year, anyone, anywhere can participate! Direct friends and family to TheGraysonSchool.org/GROW so they can register and bid online. Remember, it’s all for the students and we need everyone’s support more than ever this year.
- Silent auction items go up on the block Saturday, April 18 at noon. Click here to start browsing and get excited for all the fantastic items. We will be releasing more and more items, so keep checking back!
- This year, live auction items are flagged as our “Premier” items, and they will only be open for bidding between 7:00 p.m and 9:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 25.
- We will be auctioning off a bountiful wine basket filled with 20 bottles of wine! Each bottle is valued at $20 or more, plus several very special premium bottles.
- You can start buying your wine raffle tickets today!
- Once the auction closes at 8:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 25, you’ll use the auction portal to pay for your winnings, and we will provide you with details on how you will receive your items.
We’ll be sending updates and more detailed information via email, but once the event begins, all registered users will get text updates throughout the event. If you aren’t receiving any of the communications, email us!
Please share our event with your networks below: