The Pennsylvania Legislature has designated Friday, November 18th as “Gifted Education Day” in the Commonwealth! We are very excited to be celebrating this day during the annual PA Association for Gifted Education (PAGE) Conference in Harrisburg, November 17-18.
In recognition of this day, we are sharing a few myths and questions — quiz yourself on how much you know about gifted education!
- National Association of Gifted Children (NAGC): Dispelling the Myths about Gifted Education
- A Davidson Institute interview with Robert A. Schultz, Ph.D., on The Myths of Giftedness
- The 2e Student: Damaging Myths, by Michael Postma, Ph.D.
- The Emotional Cost of Prevailing Myths about the Gifted by Steven I. Pfeiffer, Ph.D.
- Read other posts on this topic from our blog: Are You a Gifted Myth Buster?, What in the World is a Gifted Underachiever?, Why is Acceleration Still So Controversial?, and The Myth that Hurts Gifted Learners.
- A Nation Deceived: How Schools Hold Back America’s Brightest Students, by Nicholas Colangelo, Susan G. Assouline, and Miraca U. M. Gross, presents research supporting the academic acceleration of gifted students. Its success led to the creation of the Institute for Research and Policy on Acceleration.