At Grayson, we take a multifaceted approach to identifying gifted learners. Recognizing that each child is unique, we work with you to understand your child’s individual needs and help you discover if our school is a good fit for your family.
Grayson students demonstrate high potential as learners. Not all students are advanced in all subject areas, as most students are asynchronous in their abilities, demonstrating passion or ability in one or two specific areas of study such as math or languages.
We do not have a minimum IQ, or other test score that all applicants must meet; rather, we know that giftedness varies widely. Because giftedness can look so very different from one child to another, it is difficult to offer precise parameters and metrics.
Children who are gifted have many different ways of showing us how their minds work. Some of these include:
- Asks “why” questions/displays intellectual curiosity about many different topics
- Has the capacity to understand abstract concepts and ask complex questions
- Enjoys taking things apart and/or putting them together; full of creativity and wonder in wanting to build, design, and invent
- Grasps new ideas and applies them in different contexts
- Passionate about an area (or areas) of interest that may be outside of their school curriculum
- Has a long attention span when interested in a topic
If this sounds like your child, we’d love to hear from you. Book a Welcome Wednesday tour or contact us below.